We are extremely pleased and excited to announce the addition of one of Southeast Asia’s most award-winning and talented photographers, Aung Pyae Soe! AP (as we like to call him), is a native of Yangon, Myanmar. So naturally his first photography workshop for us will be our Myanmar Photo Adventure.
AP’s talents are so diverse it’s hard not to be impressed. They include street, people, landscape, travel and action photography. Aung Pyae Soe‘s likes to tell people that his first love is landscape photography, where he is always working to perfect his signature look. However, landscape is not all that AP is known for. This passionate young National Geographic Contributor has proven himself to be one of the best portrait, street and travel-action photographers from Southeast Asia. His brilliant action shot of a mud-splashed ox-cart racer in Indonesia propelled him to the 2010 final of the world’s most prestigious photo competition — The Hasselblad Masters — where he was the Public Vote Winner! This was followed by numerous regional publications and exhibitions in his hometown of Yangon, Myanmar.
Aung Pyae Soe then went on to win Best Overall Photographer at Garuda Indonesia International Photo Competition, proving once again, to be more than just a landscape photographer! In 2018 he won in the Best People Category, making him the only 3x Garuda award winner ever! Among his 2014 accomplishments were his record setting exhibition sales, and winning the American Photographic Society (PSA) Silver Award for Travel Photography.
With his fun loving, generous nature and consistently outstanding work, AP is at the top of his game, and among the best Myanmar photographers. With all of his natural talent, the only limits on how far he can take his photography, are his alone to set. Just checkout out his list of achievements.
Return to NEWS
International Awards (2007 to Present)
1) Honorable Mention Prize at International Salon of L.A., U.S.A. – 2006
2) 1st Prize at Better Photo Internet International Photo Contest ‘Catch-All’ Category – December, 2007
3) 2nd Prize at Better Photo Internet International Photo Contest ‘Catch-All’ Category – February, 2008
4) 2nd Prize at Better Photo Internet International Photo Contest ‘Animal’ Category – February, 2008
5) 2nd Prize at Better Photo Internet International Photo Contest ‘The Digital Darkroom’ Category – February, 2008
6) Grand Prize at Better Photo Internet International Photo Contest ‘Catch-All’ Category – April, 2008
7) 1st Prize at ‘Image of the World’ International Photo Competition ‘People and Culture’ Category – December, 2008
8) 1st Prize at Better Photo Internet International Photo Contest ‘Catch-All’ Category – February, 2009
9) 3rd Prize at Daily Digital International Photo Contest ‘POTD’ – February, 2009
10) 3rd Prize at Epoch Times International Photo Contest – September, 2009
11) Honorable Mention Prize at Epoch Times International Photo Contest – September, 2009
12) Being 15th Finalist of Garuda Indonesia International Photo Contest – August, 2009 (an invitation to spend one week in Indonesia by Garuda Airlines)
13) 3rd Prize at Korean Airlines International Photo Contest – October, 2009 (and attended Award Ceremony at Korea, invited by Korean Airlines)
14) 2rd Prize at Better Photo International Photo Contest ” Travel and Places ” Category – June, 2010
15) Best Overall Prize at Garuda Indonesia International Photo Contest – August, 2010
16) Won Hasselblad Master Photo Contest – April, 2011
17) 2nd Prize at Korean Airlines International Photo Contest – October, 2011
18) Honorable Mention Prize at Japan Keko Filter Photo Contest – April, 2012
19) People Category winner at Garuda Indonesia Photo Contest – September, 2012
20) National Geographic Public Best Photo of the Year – 2012 Book
21) Honorable Mention Prize at Korean Airlines Photo Contest – September, 2013
22) Silver Medal from the American Photographic Society Photo Contest – November, 2014
23) 2nd Prize at iPhone Photography Award Photo Contest – 2015
24) 1st Prize at Mobile Phone Photography Award – 2016
25) 1st Prize at Prince Naris Day Mobile Phone Photography – 2018
– National Geographic Magazine – 2012, 2013, 2014 Issues
– Garuda Indonesia Magazine – August, 2009 Issue
– Korean Airlines Magazine – October, 2009 Issue
– Asian Geographic Magazine – July, 2009 Issue
– Reader’s Digest Asia Singapore – Jan, 2010 Issue
Please checkout AP’s portfolio using the link below. AP is also available to lead one of our PRIVATE PHOTO ADVENTURES in Myanmar, throughout Southeast Asia, Norway, Iceland, and elsewhere. Contact us to discuss further. Click here to view AP Soe’s Portfolio.